August 11, 2010

my new best friend

I really wasn't planning for this to happen, nor did I wish to become a blog that writes about what I eat, but I really can't keep this in.

How could I have been so naive to believe all feta's were made the same, dumb, I know. Today I went to Green's for lunch and got what I thought was going to be a pretty boring salad: mixed herby greens, feta, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts with a balsamic vinaigrette. Wow can I say not boring but almost the best salad ever! I won't go into detail about the rest of the salad and dressing, (which as always was great) but the cheese they used was out of this world! I had to know and this is what I found out, it was Valbreso feta which is a french cheese made of sheeps milk- it was rich and creamy and was almost more of a goat cheese than a feta. I feel like I will have to make a quick trip to Rainbow on my way home to get my fix. Seriously try this if you haven't it's sooooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment