August 11, 2010

Weekly Produce Box Discussion

Here is the contents of this weeks CSA box, I think I may have to switch to having a larger size weekly, the small is pretty small....and the larger one got sweet peppers this week, a bit green with envy (produce joke) har...
here is what I got:

 Black Plums
Nectarines
Eggplant
tomatoes
mixed cherry tomatoes
lemon cucumbers (those little round potato looking things)
Italian basil
carrots

Tonight's menu plan of attack: roasted chicken with lemon and herbs, braised carrots and a lemon cucumber, tomato, basil salad. 

Originally I was thinking lemon grilled chicken instead of roasted, but San Francisco's winter summer has been pretty gross, so I think I will be cooking indoors tonight... I am going to really do something really special with the eggplant, I am not sure quite yet, but I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment