February 22, 2011

Quick Meyer Lemon Grilled Chicken with Lemon Couscous and roasted winter Vegetables

Unfortunately I am one of those working stiffs, who pulls out their creative cooking juices on the weekends aka weekend food warrior? hmmm I am sure I can come up with something better, but alas it is a work day and my brain is tapped. I made this dinner the other night and it was just perfect, fast and lo-cal...., just because work can beat you with a stick it doesn't mean frozen pizza should be what you have to look forward for dinner tonight!


Meyer Lemon Grilled Chicken

2-4 Chicken Breasts
1 Meyer Lemon juiced and zest
1 Shallot chopped
EVOO
fresh parsley chopped
salt and pepper

Step 1: make marinade with lemon juice/zest, garlic, parsley and whisk in EVOO.



Step 2: rinse chicken and pat dry, sprinkle S&P to season and put the chicken in marinade, refrigerate for at least 15min. flipping to make sure it marinades evenly.

Step 3: heat BBQ or grill pan, once heated brush with EVOO. Put chicken on hot grill for about 5-6min. each side depending on size of (.)(.) breasts, (I couldn't help it......). I use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, I hate the days where I would rest my meat only to find out it's raw....



Step 4: rest meat.

Lemon garlic couscous

1 C. whole wheat couscous
1.5 C. water
1 T EVOO
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 meyer lemon (thin sliced)
1 tsp. Cumin 
S&P
chopped parsley

Step 1: with a dash of EVOO lightly sauté garlic (I used green garlic here), before it browns add water, lemons and bring to a boil.



Step 2: when water reaches a boil add couscous and cumin. Cover and remove from heat for about 10min. 


Step 3: Fluff with fork and season with S&P and sprinkle in parsley.


Roasted Winter Veg.

whatever you have in your fridge that looks like it wants to commit suicide for me it was the miniature trees and root things.
EVOO
S&P
lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic rough chopped

Step 1: pre-heat oven to 350˚,  chop all sad veggies up into 1" sized pieces (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots et al.), put in a big bowl.

Step 2: add garlic, lemon juice and drizzle with enough EVOO to cover all vegetables, season with S&P.


Step 3: place in a single layer on a backing sheet and roast till vegetables turn lightly brown.


put all items on a plate and eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment